about the author
Jon Mears is from the North East of England and has been building websites for nearly 15 years. He set up Creative Node in 2007 and specializes in producing content management solutions for all size businesses and public sector organisations.
A keen Sunderland AFC fan he regularly stuffered with the clubs form but now rather enjoys the clubs purple patch. Married with two children and has been known to throw some crazy shapes and spin the odd record here and there.
Hiding Apache server versions and OS details via Webmin
Maybe you have PCI scan upcoming or you don't want your server headers displaying details about your server for some reason.
These simple steps will help you if you use Webmin
1. Log into Webmin
2. From the navigation onthe left click on "Servers"
3. Click on "Apache Webserver" from expanded list
4. Click on "Global configuration" tab
5. Click on the "Miscellaneous" icon
6. From "Server HTTP header" option, select: Product only.
7. Click "Save"
8. Then from the top left corner of the next screen click "Apply Changes" to make the changes live.